9.24.2009

Brain Limbo


Thought I'd check in real quick.  I'm having one of those weeks where I can't get my brain to think straight.  This is in part because I have two big projects on my plate, a house full of dust and chores AND (most importantly) a 7 month old that seems to be not napping and wanting mama more than usual lately.  So...I'm stuck in this constant brain limbo..."ok, I just fed her, so I'll put her down to play and hopefully be able to switch over laundry, unload the dishwasher and dust so that I can study while she's sleeping...oh wait, does that make me a horrible mom?...is she watching me with sad eyes?...how can I resist that smile?!  Crap."  See what I mean?  Brain limbo...or maybe it's classic mom guilt and too much to do all mixed together.  Either way, I feel like all I want to do is take a nap and rest from my ever running brain.  The reality is, however, I need to stop writing this blog and get something on my mile long list done.  *sigh*


Pray for me! =S

3 comments:

Elyse said...

Awww! I think all mom's have been there!! I feel like this once a week, at least. Its so hard to tear away from those little ones. My house was in constant disarray when Arabella was that age, she always wanted mama and who was I to tell her no? :) Just relax and enjoy it... the dishes can be done later :)

have a great day! i am sending up a prayer for you right now!

Stephanie Roscoe-AFN Ministries said...

I will bring you over my Africa mommy cloth. Then you can strap her onto your back and get your chores done. Those belly ones get in the way and the backpacks are too tall--she would fall out. The cloth is the way to go, and as long as you tie it right, she's not going anywhere. Then you will both be happy! :-)

P.S. If you have to let her be while you do a few chores, it's OK. She will not be scared for life. And, if it would make you feel better if she had a sitter while you worked, well, you know who to call!

elizabeth said...

Bring her to Nana and Papa's house...:)