5.08.2009

Friday Favorites: Little Books

If you've known me very long, you know I love books. I love the stories, the smell of the ink, the feel of the pages and the look of the print. I have always especially loved children's books. Now that I'm a mom, I'm thrilled to let this passion run wild and hopefully be passed on to Elliana. While in Poulsbo, WA recently I wandered into a small shop with my neice and nephew and discovered my new favorite line of children's books. The "Little Books" series by Amy Krouse Rosenthal is absolutely adorable! The stories are super cute and the illustrations by Jen Corace have a quaint old fashioned feel, but set in a modern way with lots of white space around them. My favorite of the three is "Little Hoot". This story is about a little owl who wants to go to bed early, but his parents want him to stay up late so he can be a good owl. Its full of subtle humor and absolutely adorable. If you have a little one, you won't be disappointed if you check these books out!

2 comments:

Stephanie Roscoe-AFN Ministries said...

you should write a children's book. You would be good at it. I will do the illustrations. I draw great stick people.

JenessaMichele said...

and I will color the clothes of the stick people. :)

I do agree though. You should totally write one. :)