6.27.2009

Friday Favorites: Healthier Choices Edition

Well, it's not actually Friday, but I still wanted to get my list out for the week. Brian and I have plunged into a new focus on health. Exploration of new, healthier foods come along with that endeavor. Here are a few of the latest trends in our kitchen: Tillamook Reduced Fat Cheddar This isn't a new item to us, but it's still yummy. Most lower fat cheese is just plain funky, but this all natural one tastes, feels and melts like normal cheese. Kangaroo Whole Wheat Pita Pockets Sliced Halves These are yummy and offer a great alternative to much higher calorie sandwich bread. I love the already sliced ones because you don't have to worry about tearing the pocket as much. Kashi GoLean Crunchy! Bars I LOVE these! They've actually become a new favorite snack for both Brian and I. They're high in protein and fiber, but not too crazy in the calorie, sugar and fat department. Their a good size (some snack bars are SO wimpy), both chewy and crunchy and have just enough chocolate to be super satisfying. Chocolate almond is my favorite! Laughing Cow Light This is a great way to get in your creamy cheese fix. For a tasty breakfast I like it on a toasted whole wheat english muffin with fresh berries or thinly sliced apples. Weight Watchers Giant Fudge Bar I know what you're thinking "WEIGHT WATCHERS?!". All I can say is don't knock 'em tell you try 'em. They're big, creamy, chocolatey 110 calorie wonderfulness on a stick. Enough said.

No comments: