12.20.2008

On a winter's night

As this week is coming to a close I'm listening to crinkling sound of icy snow hit our windows while basking in the golden light of our 12'+ wild Christmas tree. Throughout this past week we've been semi-housebound due to "severe" weather conditions and I've been loving every minute of it. It's a rare treat for me to be able to stay home and work on little home projects without the nag of guilt that tells me there must be something else I should be doing or taking care of, so the mandatory home time was more than welcome. This week we've (my husband and sister and I) officially finished cleaning out the soon to be baby's room, organized all of my craft stuff, categorized and stored the already growing pile of baby items, organized and filed our tax papers and receipts from the past 7 years, switched our hall linen closet to decor storage, moved our linens to more convenient locations throughout the house, reclaimed my husband's office as a real functioning room rather than a storage space, reorganized our bill filing system and completed our main Christmas shopping. Whew! Needless to say, our snow days have not been wasted! In between working on projects and staring out at the beautiful white snow I repeatedly thought about how much I love home. I love how safe and warm and loved I feel all snuggled up with Brian in a Christmas lit room. I love the smells of cooking that hang in the air in the evening. I love the current excitement and anticipation that fills each day as we prepare room for our new little one. I love the cuddles from our dogs and their trusting eyes. I guess you could say that this past week at home as simply reminded me of how much I have that's wrapped up within these walls. I am truly blessed and thankful for a marriage and home that reminds me of Jesus' love for me.

No comments: