9.03.2010

Chalk one up for the "Little House"

It's funny how one little blog idea can snowball into a creativity whirlwind.  Earlier this evening while scrubbing the kitchen counter I began to think about my new kitchen-to-be.  Any major renovations are likely to be fairly far down the road, but there is no way I can leave it entirely alone until then.  It's tiny, it's a bit dark, and it has floral laminate...enough said. 


A little later in the evening I dug into by google reader, drinking in ideas and enjoying the fact that I have a whole slew of creative journeys ahead of me when we move.  This post caught my eye.  The Nester (LOVE her!) mentions chalkboard vinyl.  Now, I realize chalkboard is all the rage right now for DIYers, but I had no idea this vinyl medium existed!  It's like chalkboard heaven without any form of commitment!  How great is that?

Immediately my mind started spinning with ways I could use this stuff and of course I headed straight to google to find how I could get my hands on this sticky wonder.  I found some here for what seems to be a reasonable price AND the vinyl is reusable/repositionable.  YAY!  I also like their calendar idea...A LOT.


So, one thing led to another and I began to think about that tiny mid-century kitchen again. Right now I like the idea of adding simple trim to the plain front cabinets, painting them white, doing insets of chalkboard vinyl and perhaps "labeling" the doors with a chalker (rather than random scribbles or lists).

The fact that I wouldn't have to commit with chalkboard paint makes it even more appealing. Hmmm...we shall see.


In the meantime, check out these other cute uses for chalkboard vinyl...




No comments: