10.05.2009

Hooray for Customer Service!

I'm one of THOSE people.  You know, the type who has to research and weigh my options before eventually (and slowly according to my husband) making a decision.  So, as you can imagine, when it came to making purchases in preparation for our little one, I was out of control.  Consumer reports and a few helpful books became my best friends as I figured out which crib, stroller, carseat and baby monitor we would get. 

For the most part, it was totally worth the work.  We ended up getting a great carseat  that was rated very high, but priced moderately low compared to lesser rated models.  The same goes for our jogger stroller (well, WE didn't pay for that, but we DID pick it out), which we are very happy with.  Our baby monitor, on the other hand, was quite a disappointment.  We purchased the iVibe from Graco, which was supposed to have extra far reception, which we really wanted for our summer trips (youth camp, vacation, etc).  Unfortunately, it had problems from the beginning and then 6 months into very gentle it completely stopped working.  I was SO frustrated because it was NOT a cheap model!

When I tried to contact Graco I got more frustrated because they only operate on eastern time (LAME) which made it hard for me to contact them.  BUT, today I finally connected with them and gained victory!  It turns out I had a faulty monitor (duh).  I explained what had happened and without any questions or proof of purchase they are sending me a brand new replacement within the next 10 business days!  YAY!  Thanks, Graco, for being customer friendly (even if you do go by EST).

No comments: