8.03.2009

I'm still alive...I swear

Wow. Summer is FLYING by! I can't believe I'm staring mid-August in the face! Our boiling hot summer days have been crammed with all sorts of great things. We went camping with a huge group from our church and then did laundry and repacked to head off to youth camp. It was a great (but HOT) week. I felt a little disconnected at camp because Elli had her first major fever and sickness (she was so sad, poor little red running eyes and nose) which consumed a lot of time the first three days, but God has provided us with fabulous leaders and wonderful students, so everything went really well (despite the sweltering heat). We witnessed a lot of deep digging and challenges by the Holy Spirit and I'm excited to see the results in our students and leaders over the next few weeks. We're home for a few days and then off to a small youth camp in Walla Walla where Brian will be speaking SEVEN TIMES over the weekend!!! Please pray for him. There's been so much going on that prep time has been quite limited and he needs God's grace and anointing throughout our time there. I'm so excited for the fall. Our schedule will be back to "normal" AND the heat will eventually go far far away. Did I mention it's been really really hot?

No comments: