6.24.2013

Six months Ago

It's 9:57 and I've decided now is the time.  If I don't let the words fall as they may, I fear impending doom will come upon the next person that asks me for something.

Last December (or perhaps January, who cares) I did what I and millions of other humans often do that time of year.  I thought about what I wanted next, what I wanted to be different, where I wanted to be before the calendar year changed yet again.  This time, however, it was a little different.  I actually wrote something down.  It was sometime between the annual Christmas food coma and PSY and MC Hammer's duo on the New Year's stage.

My goals were kept simple this time.  I intentionally avoided anything that looked like a check list.  I just wanted more, to be more.  I mostly wanted to be more, well, me.  Perhaps I'll share what my simple page says another time, but for now it doesn't matter.  What does matter was that in two of the three areas that I wanted to focus on, blogging was a part of getting to where I want to be.

So, six months later, here I am. 

I feel like I'm floating through fog.  I desperately need an outlet.  I need to be creative.  I need to be funny.  I need to be able to cry.  I need to think and process and stretch.  I need to find this part of me again.   It will probably be random.  It will probably be sporadic.  I'm learning not to care.

Let's see what happens...


1 comment:

elizabeth said...

write, girl, write!